Monday, January 24, 2005

 

The great conference experience

I am so exhausted.
This weekend was my very first great conference: SPSP. My poster went smoothly, I was treated quite rudely by another student for questioning his masters, and I got to see David Buss [evolutionary psych guru] speak. The great names strutted like the psych gods they perceive themselves to be, and the rest of us fought over the remaining fifteen minutes (questions held 'til the end).
The most interesting thing I noticed was that if you end your talk by saying thank you, they clapped for you. If you didn't, they didn't. There was no obvious relation to the quality of the talk. Yay for social norms.

The best part over all was spending four days in New Orleans. What a great city!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?