Wednesday, December 01, 2004

 

topics in social psychology

I recently submitted this blog to a site that lists Ph. D. blogs, and was imediatly struck with a very familiar feeling: evaluation anxiety. Will my blog be academic enough to qualify? An I academic enough to be listed as an academic blogger. Am I enough of a blogger to call myself a blogger? Isn't it enough that I am a graduate student? Or, do the topics of my posts have to be about my research?

Maybe once I start teaching again next semester, maybe I will have interesting quips about teaching life and the funny things my students do, but until then will stories about my cat [Betty] do? Really, I just want a way to get my name out somewhere. There's little point of this if I'm the only one who reads it. Soon enough I'll pass on the link to my family and maybe my mother will post a comment so that I look like less of a loner.

I can talk about my research, but only vaguely unitl it gets published, and I'm sure it's not a good idea to talk about my participants. IRB demonds would take me in my sleep.

So what? I'm not going to talk about my personal life. I decided that from the start. God forbid you-can-guess-who [parents, advisor, current odject of obsession?] read this, so, I'm left what is cleverly [strangely?] enough the perfect question for a social psychologist:

Am I more than my realtionships?

And there you have it. A perfect academic topic. Life really is better than fiction.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?