Monday, December 06, 2004

 

Times they are a' changing

Recent shortages have brought the issue of time to the forefront of my mind. Specifically, the feeling as it passes. Sometimes fast like sticking your head out the window of a moving car, and sometimes imperceptible.
I am increasingly drawn to situation where no clock is in view so that although time doesn’t stop, I’m less aware of it passing. I have a long time tendency of feeling particularly attached to the minutes in my life, so that when I’m in the presence of some sort of marker, clock etc., I feel the loss of each minute as time ticks by as if it were being pulled physically from me.
It is the way of things, always has and always will but somehow each day I fight the battle anew.
How do you deal with time, dearest readers? With a whip or a whisper?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?